Thursday, April 7, 2011

Back at it...

So I'm working on week 3 of my chiropractor visits and during this time I have also done acupuncture twice and a deep tissue massage.  In all honesty the massage has helped the most but to get the massages I have to keep seeing the chiropractor.  So I will keep at it. 

I played volleyball last night for the first time in two weeks and my back did OK.  It didn't start to bother me until into the third game.  It wasn't too sore or painful this morning either. 

Tonight, I'm going for a jog.  Enough excuses, my back is good enough to start jogging and I just have to start somewhere.  Today is the day!  Still don't know about the half marathon... my sister hasn't sent her paperwork in and I have missed the first 3 weeks of training.  Maybe, we can find one to do at the end of the summer or early fall.  We will see! 

Back to work.  I will report in tomorrow.  I have also been doing a better job of eating fruits and veggies and drinking water.  My chiropractor said I should be drinking half my body weight in ounces of water.  Holy Crap it is a lot of water but it is better for me than pop or juice.  So bottoms up!

Oh one more thing that my chiropractor told me was that I needed to be taking fish oil and vitamin D.  All Minnesotans need to take vitamin D since we have this lovely thing called winter we don't get enough vitamin D.  If you aren't taking any, start now!   I have gotten my boyfriend to start taking a multi-vitamin, vitamin D and fish oil.  Baby steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment