This warm weather has inspired me to start training to run a 5k. I know... 12 weeks to be able to run a 5k... are you kidding me, 12 weeks? Well, it is for people who have never run before so you start out walking but I guess that is me. I have done a lot of running in the past. I use to be able to run for 60 minutes with out stopping. That is no longer the case. So I'm starting fresh with my training... my new ipod nano has the Nike+ Fitness on it so I'm using one of the programs they offer to help me train. My sister and I are thinking about running the 10.5k in June again. The course is through the woods so it is pretty rough course. Once I'm done with the 5k training I will start on the 10.5k training. Here is to my new outlook on running (walking to start)...
I'm getting my taxes done tonight and once I get home I plan on going out for my first day of training. I have been mentally preparing myself all day to leave the other chores at home until after I workout. There will always be things that get in the way of working out. I just have to make it a priority.
Days until Puerto Rico: 46
No comments:
Post a Comment